Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lookin' a lil Retro

I decided to blow out and straighten my hair for my sister's graduation. Let me tell you...it was DEFINITELY not easy lol. I got a lot of flashbacks to the 90s when I was a young girl in the kitchen while my mom pressed my hair. Yes, that old pressing comb that heats up on the stove. It took a very long time from blow drying, to pressing, to flat ironing, and I will probably go to a professional if I want to straighten it again (far, far, far in the future). I think the thickness of my hair made it a bit hard to straighten out. It was really too much heat that was being used and I'm not a fan of that.
This is how it turned out...




It's really soft but I can't help but think that it may be a little dry as well.
It turned out ok and had a cool retro look to it, but I can't wait to wash my hair and get it back to normal.
Still on the journey to get long and healthy hair.

~JPB

No comments:

Post a Comment